Luton Sexual Health can provide a variety of training for professionals, both clinical and non-clinical.
We are based in Luton town centre, situated in The Mall shopping centre. There are parking facilities and a train station nearby. We will be able to provide the following clinical training for professionals:
- DFSRH – Annual course of 5 sessions and clinical assessment
- Practical training and competency assessment
- Letters of competence in subdermal implants and intrauterine techniques
- Sexual health training
- STIF Core, Intermediate, Advanced and Integrated competency assessment
Courses will be advertised once details are available. To arrange practical training or assessments email us.
The Education Team offer a variety of training courses to help you to support service users to develop the self-confidence, skills and understanding they need to enjoy and take responsibility for their sexual lives, sexual health and well-being and to develop the quality and quantity of education and sexual health services in schools, further education and health and community settings.
We are available to offer information and guidance to services around the following topics:
Bullying and sexual exploitation * Abuse * Appropriate behaviours * Assertiveness * Body image * Confidence * Consent and the law * Contraception * Delaying sex * Emotional health and wellbeing *Friendships * Gender * Grooming * HIV * Healthy relationships * Internet/Online safety and sexting * Pornography * Pregnancy choices * Prejudice and discrimination * Puberty * Relationships and peer pressure * Risk taking and sexual health * Self-esteem * Sex * Sex and the law * Sexual bullying * Sexual pleasure and readiness * Sexuality * STIs and testing
- FGM (Female Genital Mutilation)
- CSE (Child Sexual Exploitation)
- Empowering young people to access contraception and increase knowledge and awareness
- Supporting Young Men’s sexual health needs
- Signposting to relevant services
We are currently redeveloping our training offer to eLearning and will update accordingly when this is completed.
If you are interested in receiving training updates please email LSH.Training@ldh.nhs.uk and we can add you to our mailing list.
LSH are able to support you to provide the Condom Card scheme and Chlamydia screening services within your organisation. This will allow you to provide sexual health services, information and advice to young people that access your service.
As part of our ongoing partnership LSH will provide the following:
- Initial introduction to Condom Card scheme & National Chlamydia Screening Program (NCSP)
- Training to effectively run both schemes and engage young people and support with safeguarding for 15 years & under
- All appropriate resources (condoms, condom cards, chlamydia kits and all relevant paperwork)
- Refresher training for new members of staff
- Follow-up support to discuss any problems
All training and resources are provided free from LSH