Our team is made up of specially trained consultants, doctors, nurses, clinical support workers, health advisers, allied health professionals, and reception/admin staff.
Our staff are experienced in sexual and contraceptive health, and provide a service that is friendly, confidential, professional and non-judgemental.
Health Advisors provide advice, information, education and counselling to clients diagnosed with an STI, ensuring that our clients understand treatment methods, that their partners are also treated and checking that treatment has been taken successfully.
Health Care Assistants
HCAs provide clinical support. HCAs chaperone sexual health examinations and provide full STI testing to our clients.
The Nurses provide sexual health examinations, diagnosis and treatment of STIs and provision of all methods of hormonal contraception including Emergency Hormonal Contraception (EHC).
Our doctors are specialists in prevention and management of STIs including HIV, and can provide a range of contraceptive methods. The doctors also offer guidance and support to other members of the team, and to medical professionals who contact the service for advice.
Psychologists provide assessment and treatment for people whose health condition has a significant impact on their mental health and wellbeing, as well as people who are experiencing cognitive difficulties.
HIV Health and Well Being Advisor
Providing confidential advice, information and ongoing support to clients living with HIV. Referring and signposting to other relevant services.
Reception and Admin Team
Provide a friendly welcome and confidential service to all clients attending clinical service or making contact by telephone, booking in appointments for clients and supporting the wider team with administration tasks.
The team of Outreach workers provide:
- Tailored 1-1 support for under 18’s accessing the clinical service
- Targeted sessional and 1-1 education interventions in the community
- Sexual Health Promotion Events to promote the service and the community initiatives including the condom card scheme and national chlamydia screening programme
- Sexual Health Pop Up Clinics in the community
- Targeted outreach for Commercial Sex Workers including supported clinical appointments, meetings for sexual health support in the community for advice, information, condom supplies, pregnancy testing and sexual health screening, sexual health clinics at Resolutions Drug and alcohol service on Thursdays 6-8pm, detached outreach for street sex workers in the evening to provide condoms, advice and information